Thursday, January 2, 2014

#goodbyesugar

Hello friends.
Hope you all had a wonderful New Year.
 
 
 
 
This weekend was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Ok, maybe Christmas was.
Or Thanksgiving... I'm not sure.
 
Anyway. I'm done. Done done done with sweets. For a long time anyway. I hear that if you cut them out completely, after a while you won't want them anymore, or they won't be as appealing.
 
So that's what I'm doing. Cutting out sweets.
I figure that it's nearly impossible to cut out sugar because even fruit has sugar, so I'm cutting out sweets.
 
 
My snack at work today was banana "ice cream." Ok, so it wasn't really ice cream, just a banana blended up with a splash of almond milk and a squirt of agave.

It was pretty decent, but then again you have to really like bananas. I like them, but they aren't my favorite.
 
I also saw on the internet that you can do this with any fruit. Just freeze it, blend it with a little milk and add some honey for sweetness. Yum. And it definitely kills that sweet tooth!
 
 
 When I took my nutrition class in college, we learned that cutting out sugar/ processed junk does more for you than just helping out your waistline. It also makes you FEEL better and gives you more energy, which makes sense. If that's true, I'm all for it. I'll let you know how it goes.
 
 
As for supper tonight... pan seared cod, fresh steamed green beans, and sweet pototaes. (My husband is going to loooove me :S  )
 
 
 
Also, check out the link for awesome printable calendars. I printed mine lastnight!



http://spoonful.com/crafts/20-free-2014-printable-calendars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment.