Sunday, January 5, 2014

No sugar added

Holy smokes, people.
The next couple of days are going to be cold, cold, cold here. The forecast is projecting -50 with the wind chill. Pray for safety for those around the country that have to face these extreme temps.

So yesterday I was seriously craving something sweet. Imagine that, right?

I was going to make something sweet with just a tiny bit of sugar. What would it hurt, right?

Then I thought to myself... no, I'm not going to give in. I'm going to see if I can do this without adding sugar.

So I googled sugar substitutes, and voila, honey!

I found this Blueberry Peach Cobbler recipe on shape.com.

It was so so good! I could have added a little more honey I think, because it wasn't really that sweet, but the amount of honey you're supposed to substitute is way less than the amount sugar called for, so I went easy on the honey.


If you're looking for a healthy treat, this is a good one! 

The batter was so yummy, I could have eaten that alone. 


And no raw eggs, so mom wouldn't be mad! 
:)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I should try that. We eat way too much sugar around here...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment.