Friday, May 2, 2014

Satiation.

"My drained, empty body has stopped and my soul has caught up and if I give thanks here, Whom might I recognize? I pass two cups down to the end of the table. It takes a full twenty minutes after you stomach is full for your brain to register satiation. How long does it take your soul to realize that your life is full? The slower the living, the greater the sense of fullness and satisfaction.
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp p. 76
 
This quote really hit me today.
I have been waking up at 5 a.m. to go to the gym lately. From 5 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., most days, is a whirlwind.
I'm going too fast to enjoy it-- to drink it all in. To give thanks for it.
 
 
Here's to the weekend.
And to drinking it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment.